HealSmart Dressings are made up of patented, microfiber technology that adapts to create dressings that are either absorbent or hydrating, based upon the wound’s most recent assessment.
Wounds heal in their own personalized way… it’s time for a dressing that’s personalized, too.
Dressings are created based upon data entered into the HealSmart Assessment
- Volume of exudate
- Presence of infection
- Characteristics of wound bed
- Size and shape of wound
The HealSmart system adjusts dressing composition based on wound’s functional needs
- Eliminates variability and saves time
- Frequency of dressing changes is driven by established HealSmart matrix protocols
- Can remain in place for up to 7 days
HealSmart Dressings are antimicrobial
- Contains 0.3% polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB)
- Protects healing cells from bacterial proliferation in the dressing
HealSmart Dressings contain Hyaluronic Acid (HA), a naturally occurring solution in the body known to assist in wound healing.
- HA is an FDA cleared substance. It has been shown to aid in cell proliferation and migration. A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials for HA in aggregate show that HA derivatives accelerate the healing process in burns, epithelial surgical wounds, and chronic wounds.1
- Additional studies indicate that in order to optimize its wound healing properties, HA is best utilized in a sterilized, electrospun wound dressing2 – which is the process PolyRemedy uses to create HealSmart Antimicrobial Dressings with HA (patent pending).
See How the Healthcare Community Benefits from HealSmart
- Hyaluronic acid derivatives and their healing effect on burns, epithelial surgical wounds, and chronic wounds: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Voight and Driver, 2012
- Hyaluronic acid nanofiber wound dressing – production, characterization, and in vivo behavior. Uppal, Ramaswany, et al, 2010
- Data on file, PolyRemedy.